- Over 1,100 acres of the estate of Lorenzo Henry Jephson, Carrick on Suir, county Tipperary, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court in November 1851. The sale rental shows Jephson owning over 1,500 acres in the barony of Glenquin, county Limerick with premises in Limerick city and also over 200 acres in the barony of Iffa and Offa East, county Tipperary including the house and demesne lands of Carrick on Suir. The estate included lands in the baronies of Castlereagh and Ballymoe, county Roscommon and 300 acres in the barony of Castlereagh were readvertised in July 1852. Jephson appears to have been murdered in 1866. see http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/CoTipperary/2005-03/1109980321
Roger Sawyer gives some details about the Jephson family of Carrick in relation to the mother of Roger Casement, whose name was Anne Jephson. The Jephsons of Carrick appear to be a junior branch of the Jephsons of Mallow Castle. John Jephson married Frances Osborne and had a daughter Anne Salisbury who married James Hickie. Hickie took the additional name of Jephson and had a son Lorenzo Hickie Jephson (1773-1820) of Wilmar, county Tipperary, who married Martha Prittie, daughter of Lord Dunalley. Lorenzo Henry Jephson was their son. He held land in the parish of Carrick, barony of Iffa and Offa East, county Tipperary at the time of Griffith's Valuation.
Jephson-Norreys (Mallow Castle)
- Following the Desmond Rebellion in the 16th century, Mallow Castle was granted to Sir John Norreys, Lord President of Munster. His niece Elizabeth married Sir John Jephson in 1607 and their descendants lived at Mallow Castle for almost 400 years. The Jephson estate was situated in the parish of Mallow, barony of Fermoy, county Cork. Sir C.D. Jephson Norreys is recorded as holding at least 5 townlands there in the mid 19th century. In the 1870s Sir Denham Jephson Norreys owned 698 acres in county Cork. He died in 1888 and the title became extinct as his two unmarried sons had predeceased him.