O'Grady (Cahir Guillamore)
- Descended from a younger son of the O'Gradys of Kilballyowen, county Limerick, Standish O'Grady, son of Darby O'Grady of Mount Prospect, was created Viscount Guillamore in 1831. The O'Gradys acquired Cahir by the marriage of the 1st Viscount's grandfather, Standish O'Grady, to Honora, daughter and co heir of Jeremiah Hayes of Cahir. The Guillamore estate was in the parishes of Fedamore and Glenogra, barony of Smallcounty, Tullabracky, barony of Coshma and Abbeyfeale, Clonelty, Grange and Mahoonagh, barony of Glenquin, county Limerick and Drumtarriff, barony of Duhallow, county Cork, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Lady Guillamore held land in the parish of Askeaton, barony of Connello Lower. In the 1870s the 4th Viscount owned 3,750 acres in county Limerick and 1096 acres in county Cork, while his niece, Honourable Cecilia O'Grady of Rockbarton, only surviving child of the 3rd Viscount, owned 4,977 acres. She married Lord Fermoy in 1877.
- Dr Malcomson writes that Juliana Warter Wilson, daughter of Edward Wilson of Bilboa, county Limerick was sole heiress to an estate on the border between counties Limerick and Tipperary. In 1788 she married Sir John Rous, 6th Baronet, of Henham Hall, Suffolk and died in 1790. Their only daughter married Vice Admiral the Honourable Sir Henry Hotham. Sir John remarried and was created Earl of Stradbroke in 1821. Land in the barony of Glenhiry, county Waterford, was later acquired by this family. During the famine, contemporary newspapers indicate that the Earl gave an abatement of fifty percent of the rents on his Waterford estate. In the 1850s the estate was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilronan in that barony. It also held townlands in the parish of Kilbarrymeadan, barony of Decies-without-Drum. In July 1859, over 2000 acres of the county Waterford estate, was offered for sale. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey circa 1840 Lord Stradbroke had an estate comprised of at least nine townlands in the parish of Doon, barony of Coonagh, county Limerick. His agent was Abraham Coates. By the time of Griffith's Valuation in the early 1850s the Stradbroke estate was in the possession of Hugh Massy O'Grady of Castle Garde. In August 1873 houses and premises belonging to the Earl of Stradbroke in the city of Limerick were advertised for sale. In the mid 19th century Lord Stradbroke also had an estate in county Tipperary in the parishes of Abington and
Kilvellane, barony of Owney and Arra. The Ordnance Survey Name Books provide an account of the copper mines owned by the Stradbrooke estate in this parish in 1840. This estate amounting to 8,829 acres was advertised for sale in May 1873. A collection of papers relating to the Irish estates is preserved in the Suffolk Record Office.
O'Grady (Castle Garde)
- The O'Gradys of Castle Garde, county Limerick, were a junior branch of the O'Gradys Viscounts Guillamore. The Cappamore parish history records Waller O'Grady purchasing Castle Garde about the time of his marriage to Grace Elizabeth Massy in 1823. He also bought the Bilboa estate of the Earl of Stradbroke. Hugh Massy O'Grady was a grandson of the 1st Viscount and he held at least twelve townlands in the parish of Doon, barony of Coonagh, county Limerick, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Much of this estate was in the possession of the Earl of Stradbroke at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. In the 1870s his son, Walter Massy O'Grady, owned 3,279 acres in county Limerick. Walter's brother, Hugh Hamon Massy O'Grady, succeeded his cousin as 7th Viscount Guillamore in 1927. Hugh Thompson, a nephew of Lady Guillamore succeeded to Castle Garde in 1930.