- The Odell/O'Dell family were established at Ballingarry, county Limerick from the late 17th century. Major John Odell was granted 1,679 acres in the county in 1667. A branch of the family was living at Fortwilliam or Bealdurogy, just north of Ballingarry by the 1720s. The Odells intermarried with members of the Fitzmaurice family Earls of Kerry, and also with the Fennell, Crone, Bayly, Scanlan and Westropp families. By the 19th century they had a number of residences in the Ballingarry locality. At the time of Griffith's Valuation John Odell held land in the parishes of Rathkeale, barony of Connello Lower, Ballingarry and Cloncagh, barony of Connello Upper, county Limerick. Some of the Odell estate was held by the Court of Chancery at this time. Land belonging to Isabella O'Dell, devisee of James Condon (Scart) at Cappagh and the Well Farm, Ardgoulmore, barony of Connello Lower was advertised for sale in July 1853 and February 1856.
The Freeman's Journal reported that this property was purchased by John Condon.
- In July 1853 the estate of James Condon continued in the name of his devisee Isabella O'Dell at Scart and Ardgoulmore, barony of Connello Lower, county Limerick, was advertised for sale. It was held on a lease for ever from Charles Bridges Woodcock to James Condon dated 1792. In 1825 Diana daughter of Charles Bridges Woodcock married Richard Hobart Fitzgibbon 3rd Earl of Clare. She had previously been married to Maurice Crosby Moore from whom she was divorced by Act of Parliament.
- Edward O'Dell of Carriglea, Dungarvan, was the owner of over 3000 acres in county Waterford in the 1870s. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, he was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Ardmore and Ringagonagh, barony of Decies-within-Drum and Whitechurch, barony of Decies-without-Drum. Sadleir, referring to 1775, notes that John "Odle of Mount Odle" was married to a Miss Musgrave, daughter of Christopher Musgrave.