Morgan (Old Abbey)
- This family of Welsh origin was established in the county Limerick locality by the mid 17th century, a number of family members were clergymen in the established church. By the early 18th century James Morgan was living in the parish of Dunmoylan, barony of Shanid where Dore writes he was agent to Chichester Phillips for the Earl of Cork's lands around Askeaton. His grandson, John Morgan of Dunmoylan, married Mary Hodges of Shanagolden, a cousin of George Hodges of Old Abbey. Their son, George Morgan, was living at Old Abbey by 1814. George Hodges and John Morgan are recorded as proprietors of the townland of Park in the Ordnance Survey Name Books. Griffith's Valuation records his son, John Morgan, holding two townlands in the parish of Dunmoylan and in the 1870s John Morgan of Park, Shanagolden owned 342 acres in county Limerick.
Hodges (Old Abbey & Burrane)
- Dore gives a detailed history of this family in counties Limerick and Clare. The Hodges were established in the Shanagolden, barony of Shanid, locality of county Limerick by the mid 18th century. William Hodges, who appears to have held land in both counties, married Frances Greene of Old Abbey. Their son, George Hodges, maried Mary Monsell of Burrane, county Clare and it was their descendant, George Crowe Hodges, who was living at Burrane at the time of Griffith's Valuation. George Hodges and John Morgan are recorded as proprietors of the townland of Park in the Ordnance Survey Name Books. Lands belonging to George William Hodges and George Crowe Hodges at Glencar, barony of Kilnamanagh, county Tipperary and Castle Quarter, barony of Lower Connello, county Limerick were advertised for sale in November 1850 and other lands at Knockdromroon, barony of Connello in May 1852. The Freeman's Journal reported that Charles Gaussen was the purchaser.