- The Massys of Glenville, county Limerick, are descended from younger sons of the Massys of Duntrileague and Stoneville. John Massy (c1720-1812), Treasurer of Limerick, bought Glenville in 1763 and the property remained in the possession of his Massy and Langford descendants in the 20th century. In the early 1850s William Massy held three townlands in the parish of Ardagh and one townland in the parish of Kilfergus, barony of Shanid. The Glenville estate amounted to 716 acres in the 1870s. 1100 acres of William Massy's estate in the barony of Trughanacmy, county Kerry was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1854 as well as the lands of Glenville and elsewhere in the barony of Connelloe, county Limerick. These were bought by William's uncle, Eyre Massy of Glanduff. In the 1830s, the Ordnance Survey Name Books record John Massy of Glenville as the owner of townlands in the parish of Castleisland, county Kerry.
Massy (Mount Massy)
- This branch of the Massy family are descended from William and Ann (nee Creagh) Massy of Glenville, county Limerick. Their grandson, Captain Hugh Massy, married the widow of Colonel O'Donnell. "Burke's Irish Family Records" records that her maiden name was Hutchinson and that she was an heiress. Their son, Massy Hutchinson Massy, married Sarah Davies of Macroom and they had a son, William Hugh Massy Hutchinson of Mount Massy. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Massy H. Massy owned an estate mainly in the parishes of Clondrohid and Drishane, but also in the parishes of Kilnamartery and Macroom, barony of West Muskerry, county Cork. In May 1861 the estate of William Massy Hutchinson Massy amounting to 9,264 acres in the baronies of Barrymore and West Muskerry was advertised for sale. In the 1870s his son William H. Massy of Macroom owned 13,363 acres in the county.