- Hamilton Llewellyn Jackson was descended from the Goulds of Upwey, Dorset, England and the Jacksons of Fanningstown, near Adare, county Limerick and originally of Duddington, Northamptonshire. His great grandfather, Jeremiah Jackson, had settled at Fanningstown and married Catherine Cox of Ballynoe. Jeremiah Jackson was agent to the Irish estates of the 3rd Lord Carbery in the 1760s and 1770s and letters from J. Jackson are preserved in the Bisbrooke Hall Papers. His parents were Thomas and Helena Hall Jackson. In the mid 19th century the Jackson estate held land in the parish of Kilseily, barony of Tulla Lower, county Clare. The Ordnance Survey Name Books record Jackson as the owner of property in the parish of Abington, county Tipperary in 1840. The rental of lands held by Hamilton Llewellyn Jackson in the barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary and at Mount Rice, barony of Tulla Lower, county Clare were advertised for sale in July 1856. The Tipperary acreage was almost 1500 acres and 317 acres in county Clare. In July 1860 Fanningstown (544 acres) and Jackson's 828 acre estate in county Clare were advertised for sale. The sale rental includes lithographs of Fanningstown Castle and Athlunkard House. The Gould family died out in 1841 and Hamilton Jackson took the name of Gould in lieu of Jackson in 1871 as he had inherited the Gould estate. He was a Justice of the Peace for counties Limerick and Clare and a captain in the Austrian army. He died in 1891. His eldest son married a daughter of Standish Darby O’Grady of Aghamarta Castle, county Cork.