- John D'Arcy was granted almost 1,700 acres in the baronies of Ross and Athenry, county Galway and in the baronies of Kilmaine and Clanmorris, county Mayo by patent dated 6 July 1677. In February 1700 the trustees for the sale of the estate of Colonel John Browne of Westport sold Aghalard, Ballykine and other townlands in parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, to Patrick D'Arcy of Gorteen, a townland just east of Houndswood, parish of Cong, for £1300. Gorteen and Houndswood were held on lease from the Archbishop of Tuam. By the early 19th century the D'Arcys held about 14 townlands in the parish of Cong and employed two agents Patrick Kirwan of Carnan, Tuam, county Galway and Patrick Haggan. In 1852 the estate was sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court.
- Leet's Directory 1814 lists Patrick McDonnell of 'Aughalahard' and in both the Ordnance Field Name Books and Griffith's Valuation the McDonnells are recorded as holding 4 townlands in the parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, part of the estate of Martin D'Arcy of Houndswood.
- At the time of Griffith's Valuation Reverend David Pitcairn, son in law of Arthur Guinness of Dublin and brother in law of Benjamin Lee Guinness of Ashford Castle, Cong, county Mayo, held the townland of Castletown, parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, previously part of the D'Arcy of Houndswood estate. In 1876 he owned 704 acres in county Mayo and 364 acres in the county Galway.
- The first Waller came to Ireland as a soldier in Cromwell's army. Branches of the family settled at Castle Waller, Newport and Prior Park, county Tipperary. The site of Newport House is marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey map. Samuel Waller married Anne Jocelyn, an aunt of the 1st Earl of Roden. Their eldest son Robert was created a baronet in 1780 and a younger son founded the Prior Park branch of the family. In 1828 Sir Edmund Waller 4th Baronet married his cousin Selina Maria daughter of George Waller of Prior Park. In 1844 he married Rebecca Guinness as his second wife. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Lady Waller, youngest daughter of Arthur Guinness, held 5 townlands in the parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo and at least 9 townlands in the parishes of Kilvellane and Kilcomenty, barony of Owney and Arra, county Tipperary. In 1876 her son Sir Edmund A. Waller of London owned 1,011 acres in county Mayo, 2,962 acres in county Tipperary and small acreages in counties Cork, Kildare and Limerick. The Waller estate in county Mayo was sold to the Congested Districts' Board in January 1913.
- Henry Cuniffe of Kiltolla, Co Galway, owned extensive sugar plantations on the island of Jamaica in the second half of the 18th century. He founded the town of Martha Brae there in 1762 and was a member of the Assembly for St James in 1768. In 1799 he sold his Jamaican estates to the Tharp family. He also held land in Co Galway, including Fahymactibbot in the parish of Killeeneen and Dunkellin in the parish of Killely, near Kilcolgan. Melvin writes that an estate at Cappagh in the parish of Kilkerrin inherited by the Brownes of Westport from Denis Kelly of Lisduff was sold in 1799 to Henry Cunniffe 'who bequeathed a perpetual lease to the Beytagh family', which is documented in Cuniffe's will of 1803. Cuniffe's two granddaughters, Henrietta and Martha Bingham, were his heiresses and married Martin Darcy of Houndswood, Co Mayo and Henry Kirwan of the Castlehacket family. Their grandfather's will led to much litigation.
Booth (Ebor Hall)
- At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Booth held 3 townlands in the parish of Cong and a townland in each of the parishes of Kilmainbeg and Kilmainmore, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo. These lands were parts of the estates of D'Arcy of Ballykine and ffrench of Claremont, county Roscommon, sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1852. Lane contends that Booth sold them on to Joseph Skerrett Blake of Lissavally in 1857. Booth also held the townland of Tumneenaun from the Provost and Fellows of Trinity College. Deputy Commissary General William Booth, who died in 1880 aged 88, served under Sir John Moore and the Duke of Wellington in the Peninsular War and was responsible for organising the provisions for the army while on campaign. After leaving the army he was Principal Clerk to the Survey of Ordnance at Dublin from 1824-1856. Semple writes that he built Ebor Hall in the mid 19th century. He later sold it to Lord Mountmorres, who was murdered nearby in 1880. Mrs Juliana Booth of Bath, Somerset, owned 1,252 acres in Queen's County (Offaly) in 1878. She was the second wife of William Booth. They married in 1846. Her first husband was James Butler Pratt, a member of the Pratt family of Cabragh Castle, county Cavan, to whom the Viscounts Mountmorres were also related. The General, his second wife Juliana and his two children by his first wife, Eliza Bisset, are all buried in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. Ebor Hall later belonged to an architect named Hamilton and for most of the 20th century was owned by Dr Joseph Boyd and his son.
- In 1852 John S.Dawson bought part of the D'Arcy of Houndswood estate, parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, in the Encumbered Estates Court. In 1876 Edward Joseph Grant Dawson and Emerson Dawson, both of Houndswood, owned 1,120 acres in county Mayo between them.
- Members of the Crampton family were rectors of the parishes of Headford on the border between counties Mayo and Galway and of the parish of Cong, county Mayo. They were also agents to the Carter family in the barony of Erris, county Mayo and helped develop the town of Belmullet. They appear to have acquired ownership of at least one townland named Carn Fowler in the parish of Kilmore, barony of Erris. In the 1870s George Ribton Crampton of Dublin and Logmore owned almost 600 acres in county Mayo.
Kirwan (Carnaun & Dalgin)
- Denis Kirwan was a land agent resident at Carnaun, near Tuam, county Galway. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Mary Anne Kirwan held the 58 acres of Carnaun in the parish of Tuam, barony of Dunmore, county Galway from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners. Denis J. Kirwan of Churchfield, Tuam and Carnaun, married Louisa Birmingham in 1866, having previously purchased the Dalgin estate from her brother Michael in 1863. In 1884 Denis J. Kirwan inherited the Millbrook part of the Dalgin estate from John Birmingham and the Kirwans lived at Dalgin until the mid 20th century. In June 1927 the ''Tuam Herald'' reported that the Land Commission had acquired named townlands, part of the estate of Denis Birmingham Kirwan. Denis J. Kirwan and his son Denis B. Kirwan acted as agents for many landlords in the Tuam and surrounding locality. Their records, now in the National Library of Ireland, date from the 1850s to the mid 20th century.