- This family of Kellys had an estate in the parishes of Taghboy and Cam, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon from at least the mid 18th century. In 1828 William Kelly of Turrock was a member of the Grand Panel of county Roscommon. In the 1830s William D. Kelly was the proprietor and William Kelly held 5 townlands in the parishes at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1871 the estate of William Daniel Kelly in counties Roscommon, Galway and Dublin was advertised for sale. Almost all his estate of 4780 acres was in the county Roscommon baronies of Athlone and Moycarn.
- Ignatius Kelly, son of Edmund Kelly of Castleruby, was residing at Carrigens at the time of the Census of Elphin in 1749. The Kellys of Cargins owned an estate in the parishes of Ogulla and Kilcooley, barony of Roscommon and Kiltullagh, barony of Castlereagh, county Roscommon in the 18th and 19th centuries. The male line died out following the death of Daniel Kelly circa 1852. His sister Jane was married to William Kelly of Turrock and his daughter Jane was married to John Talbot D'Arcy. His grandmother was also a Kelly of Turrrock. In May 1852 the estate of Daniel Kelly amounting to over 3,700 acres was advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court. Cargins was bought by Captain Drought and other purchasers included Anthony F. Nugent, Edward Senior and the Reverend Peter Toler. One lot was readvertised in 1853 Almost 200 acres owned by Francis Kelly in the parish of Kiltullagh, barony of Castlrea, was sold in the Landed Estates Court in January, 1866. Mr. McDonnell was the purchaser.