Related to the Moneycrower Bourkes, Earls of Mayo.
- The McManus family held an estate in the parish of Bohola, barony of Gallen, count Mayo, from at least the mid 18th century. Some of the lands were held in fee, some on leases renewable for ever. Edward Deane of Carrowgowan was agent to McManus in the 1830s. The estate of 1464 acres was sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court in July 1851. The first sale was adjourned but it was later bought by Mrs Pery, a member of the Knox Gore family, who leased it to George Harkin. It was later bought by the Aitken family, who still own the property. Patrick Ruane made a detailed study of this house in his thesis.
- The Earls of Mayo held an estate in the parishes of Kilmainemore and Kilcommon, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo. The Bourkes were established at Moneycrower or Bunacrower, parish of Kilmainemore from the 16th century. John Bourke was the first to live at Kill, county Kildare in the mid 17th century. In 1781 another John Bourke was created Viscount Mayo of Moneycrower and in 1785 Earl of Mayo. One of his sons, Joseph Deane Bourke, was the Protestant Archbishop of Tuam and 3rd Earl. The Bourkes were absentee landlords and were prominent as statesmen and at the Royal Court in the 19th century. The 6th Earl served as Chief Secretary in Ireland on a number of occasions in the 1850s and 1860s and was assassinated in India in 1872. In 1876 the Earl of Mayo owned 559 acres in county Mayo, 4915 acres in county Kildare and 2360 acres in county Meath. The county Mayo estate was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 4 March 1915. The seat of the Earls of Mayo was Palmerstown House, Naas, county Kildare.
- The descendants of a younger son of the 1st Viscount Netterville established an estate at Lecarrow, parish of Killosolan, near Mountbellew, county Galway, in the early 18th century. Nicholas Netterville of Lecarrow was married twice. Marcella Gerrard was descended from his first marriage to Mary Burke of Glinsk and James Netterville 7th Viscount of Coarsefield from his second marriage to Mary Beytagh. The process whereby Marcella Gerrard eventually came to inherit the Netterville estate in county Galway is well recorded by Charles Synnott. As Marcella Gerrard appears to have died intestate there were many claimants to her large real and personal estate following her death in 1865, including members of the Davies, Netterville, Lawrence and Fallon families who were all related to her. The estate was eventually divided into three parts which were given to Arthur James Netterville, 8th Viscount, John Fallon and Sir Samuel Bradstreet. The county Tipperary estate of the the Viscount Netterville was located in the parish of Baptistgrange, barony of Middlethird. In the 1870s the 8th Viscount Netterville owned 1,713 acres in county Galway, 72 acres in county Mayo, 1,202 acres in county Tipperary and 417 acres in county Meath. A book by John J. Fallon entitled ''A Better Deed'', is a fictional history of this estate.
Ellen Mary Netterville offered for sale 180 acres of her estate in the barony of Castlereagh, county Roscommon, in the Landed Estates' Court in 1860.
- A branch of the Bourkes of Moneycrower or Bunacrower, later Earls of Mayo, settled at Oory [also spelt Urey/Urrey], parish of Tagheen, barony of Clanmorris, county Mayo in the 17th century. They intermarried with other Bourke families and with the Fitzgeralds of Turlough, Kellys of Kelly's Grove and Fiddane and with the Shees of Castlebar. Burke's ''Landed Gentry'' records four generations of Bourkes residing at Oory until the estate was sold in the mid 18th century. Later generations of the family settled in Jamaica and England. One descendant, Eliza Jane Dennis of Jamaica, married James Hewitt Massy Dawson in 1800. By the time of the first Ordnance Survey the Brownes of Brownhall were in possession of Oory and the Nettervilles held Coarsefield, which was probably part of Oory under the Bourkes. One branch of the family lived at Curry in the parish of Mayo in the late 18th century and intermarried with the Brownes of the Neale. Two daughters and co-heiresses married Patrick Kirwan of Claremount and Charles McManus of Barley Hill and appear to have shared the townland of Curry - Curry (McManus) and Curry (Kirwan).
- There are a number of Irish links to this family beginning with the attendance of Sir John Hobart at the Battle of the Boyne. His grandson, another Sir John, was created Earl of Buckinghamshire in 1746. The 2nd Earl of Buckinghamshire married, as his second wife, Caroline Conolly, daughter of William Conolly of Castletown House, county Kildare. In 1792 Robert, 4th Earl of Buckinghamshire married as his first wife, Margaretta, daughter and co heir of Edmund Bouke of Urrery, county Mayo and widow of Thomas Adderley of Innishannon, county Cork. Lewis refers to the Earl of Buckinghamshire as one of the principal proprietors in the Kilmallock area of county Limerick. In the 1870s the Earl owned over 2,000 acres in the county in the barony of Coshma. C.E. Vandeleur was agent to the 6th Earl in the 1870s.