- For fifty years in the middle of the 19th century a branch of the O'Flaherty family leased an estate at Lisdonagh, parish of Donaghpatrick, barony of Clare, county Galway, from the St George family of Headford. Bernard O'Flaherty of Lisdonagh was agent to Peter Lynch of Ballycurran in the 1830s. In the 1850s Bernard O'Flaherty was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Oranmore, close to Galway city and held part of Annaghkeen, barony of Clare. Parts of the estate of Dominick O'Flaherty were sold in the Encumbered Estates Court in June 1854, purchased in trust by Mr. O'Flaherty. In the 1870s he owned more than a thousand acres in the town and county of Galway and his address was Villa, Galway. John Andrew O'Flaherty, the residuary devisee of Bernard O'Flaherty, was selling land in the barony of Clare and Shannon View in the barony of Longford in May 1884. John A. O'Flaherty, then resident in New South Wales, sold the townland of Brockagh, in the parish of Oranmore to the Irish Land Commission in 1901/2. Hughes writes that Martin O'Flaherty, on his return from the United States of America in the 1860s, bought Lydican Castle and other land in the county. In the 1870s Martin O'Flaherty of Lisdonagh owned 2,128 acres in county Galway. He married Mary O'Gorman and their daughter Eva, a founder member of Scoil Acla on Achill Island, was born in 1874. He sold his estate to Peter O'Mahony in the late 19th century and Lisdonagh passed to Henry Palmer of Galway, who married O'Mahony's daughter. Their daughter Valda Palmer lived at Lisdonagh until the 1990s.
In 1885 Martin Francis O'Flaherty was acting as a trustee for the estate of Edward Michael Davies, a bankrupt. Part of this estate at Moneyteigue, barony of Dunkellin, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in April 1885.
- The estate of Edward Michael Davies at Moneyteigue in the barony of Dunkellin, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in April 1885. Martin Francis O'Flaherty was a trustee of the Davies estate. It had first been offered for sale in July 1875 and June 1872. Edward M. Davis was listed as the holder of almost 500 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. Local tradition indicates that there were evictions on this estate.