- Clifford Trotter acquired parts of the Quansbury and Bermingham estate by his marriage to Mary, daughter of William St Lawrence, 2nd Earl of Howth and his first wife Mary. The latter was a daughter of Thomas Bermingham, 1st Earl of Louth, and his wife Mary Daly of Quansbury. An estate of over 700 acres, owned by Clifford Trotter, known as Quansbury, in the barony of Longford, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in March 1851. Birmingham Demesne, barony of Dunmore, county Galway and lands in the barony of Garrycastle in King's County were also included in the sale. Birmingham Demesne was bought by John Irwin Dennis, who had been leasing it from Charles Trotter since 1838. Clifford Trotter is recorded as one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilquain, barony of Longford, county Galway, at the time of Griffith's Valuation, 1856. In the 1870s William C. Bermingham Ruthven, grandson of Clifford Trotter, owned 939 acres in county Galway. He offered some of this property for sale in the Land Judges' Court in July 1889. However, the Irish Times reported in November 1890 that the sale was adjourned due to absence of bidding.
- The Burkes of Keeloges were a junior branch of the Burkes of Glinsk, county Galway. William Burke of Keeloges married Margaret Coleman and had two sons. Their eldest son Richard of Keeloges had a son, William Burke of Knocknagur, part of Kilcreevanty, parish of Kilbennan, who held land in the parish of Claregalway, barony of Clare, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Thomas H. Burke, Under-secretary of State, murdered in the Phoenix Park in 1882, was a member of this family. Major William Burke, the second son of William and Margaret Burke, acquired part of the Bermingham and Quansbury estates by his marriage to Matilda, daughter of William St Lawrence, 2nd Earl of Howth and his first wife Mary, daughter of Thomas Bermingham, 1st Earl of Louth and his wife Mary Daly of Quansbury. The Quansbury and Bermingham estates of William Burke, in the baronies of Longford and Dunmore, county Galway, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in November 1850. This property included Quansbury Lodge, in the townland of Stowlin, barony of Longford. The Bermingham estate of William Burke was in the possession of Edward Blake, Matthew Carney and Patrick McCormack at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The Kirwans of Tuam were land agents for Sir Thomas Burke's estate at Kilcreevanty, Knocknagur, Knockdoe and Lehid in the first decade of the 20th century.
- Edward Bermingham, Lord Athenry, was granted over 5,000 acres, mainly in the barony of Dunmore, county Galway, by patent dated 16 Sept 1680 while Remigius Bermingham was granted overe 5,200 acres in county Mayo in 1681. There are records relating to the Bermingham family in the late 17th and early 18th century in the Westport Estate Papers. The descendants of Lord Athenry sold the Kilcloony estate to the Bodkins in 1759 and the Barbersfort estate to the Ruttledges in 1816. Thomas Bermingham 22nd Lord Athenry and a Member of Parliament for county Galway was created earl of Louth in April 1759. By his second marriage to Margaret Daly of Quansbury he left as his co heiresses three daughters, who married Thomas B.H. Sewell, William St Lawrence 2nd Earl of Howth and Joseph Henry Blake of Ardfry.
O'Rorke (Clonbern & Bermingham)
- The Clonbern estate in the barony of Ballymoe, county Galway, was bought from the family of Archbishop Beresford of Tuam by Reverend John O'Rorke in 1828. From 1801 Reverend John O'Rorke was curate of the Church of Ireland parish of Moylough, county Galway. He also leased land from the Bellews of Mountbellew and held land in the parish of Taghboy, barony of Athlone, county Rsocommon. In the 1870s the late Reverend John O'Rorke of Moylough is recorded as owning over 1,600 acres in county Roscommon and 217 acres in county Westmeath. He was not at all popular in the Moylough locality and frequently was involved in law suits, particularly with the solicitor and neighbouring landholder, Daniel Moore Kilkelly. In the 1840s Reverend O'Rorke was appointed rector of Foxford, but he continued to reside in Moylough. He married three times and died in 1849. His third wife was Elizabeth Dennis and their eldest son, Charles Dennis O'Rorke, built Clonbern House in the early 1850s and inherited Bermingham House, near Tuam, from his uncle, John Dennis, the famous huntsman. By the 1870s Charles O'Rorke owned 1,302 acres in county Galway and over a thousand acres in county Kerry. By the early 20th century he was advertising for sale an estate of about 1800 acres in the baronies of Dunmore and Ballymoe. In June 1927 the ''Tuam Herald'' reported that the Land Commission had acquired an estate of over 5,200 acres belonging to Charles Trench O'Rorke of Clonbern.
Dennis (Bermingham House)
- In the 1830s John Irwin Dennis leased Bermingham House and estate from the Trotter family and bought the property in 1851 in the Encumbered Estates' Court. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the estate of John Irwin Dennis was situated in the parishes of Dunmore and Tuam, barony of Dunmore, county Galway. John Irwin Dennis left his Bermingham estate to his nephew John Dennis, a remarkable horseman and huntsman. Although located in the townland of Birmingham Demesne, the house and estate appear to be generally referred to as 'Bermingham'.