- The Brady family in county Clare were descended from Hugh Brady, post-Reformation bishop of Meath. The family were associated with several county Clare houses including Williamstadt and Raheen, near Tuamgraney. William Brady of Williamstadt was the second son of Henry Brady and his wife Mary Molony. In 1790 he bought land in the Whitegate locality of county Galway from the Croasdailes. William's granddaughter Mary succeeded to Williamstadt in 1817 and she married Dr Francis Cornelius Sampson in 1833. The estate of Hugh Brady, principally situated in the barony of Tulla, county Clare but with lands in the barony of Leitrim, county Galway, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in November 1854. Hugh Brady is recorded as the principal lessor in the parish of Kilbarron, barony of Leitrim, county Galway, in Griffith's Valuation.
- The Brady family in county Clare were descended from Hugh Brady, post-Reformation bishop of Meath. Luke Brady was resident in the Tomgraney locality of county Clare in the mid 17th century. In 1728 John Brady of Raheen married Mary Stacpoole. In the mid 18th century Henry Brady of Kilcornan, Ennistymon, married Mary Molony of Kiltanon. The Bradys of Williamstadt descend from a younger son of this marriage. In the late 18th century Mary Browne of Newgrove, parish of Tulla, barony of Tulla Upper, county Clare, married Henry Brady of Raheen, near Scarriff. They had four sons and two daughters. Their eldest son John Brady got into debt and in 1852 their second son the Reverend Thomas Brady sold the Raheen estate of 6,995 acres to John W. Harrison Moreland. Their fourth son was Luke Brady of Brookville who married Anne Wyndham McGrath Fitzgerald and they were the parents of Wyndham Brady and Thomas Browne Brady. When Mrs Elizabeth Browne died in 1864 the estate of the Browne family of Newgrove, passed to Wyndham the grandnephew of her husband Thomas Browne. He took the additional surname of Browne. In the 1870s Wyndham Browne of Newgrove owned 5,960 acres in county Clare. He died without heirs and was succeeded by his brother Thomas. Cartron House, parish of Abbey, barony of Burren was the summer residence of the Brady family. It was demolished at the end of the 19th century. Gerard Madden gives an extensive family history of the Brady family in his book on the history of Tuamgraney and Scariff.
- In the 1870s Francis Sampson, MD, was the owner of over 1400 acres in county Galway and over 400 acres in county Clare. His address is given as Williamstadt, Whitegate. He appears to have been in possession of the Blake estate at Meelick in the parish of Clonrush in the 1850s although this property is described as "in chancery" in Griffith's Valuation. In 1906 125 acres of untenanted land and a herd's house at Drummaan West were in the possession of Francis C. Sampson. Dr Francis C. Sampson was a grandson of John Sampson who married Marcella O'Callaghan. Dr Sampson practiced in Dublin and married Mary Brady and they had a son also known as Dr Francis Cornelius Sampson of Scariff. He married Constance O'Callaghan of Kilgory. Dr Francis C. Sampson Junior lived at Moynoe House at the end of the 19th century.
- The Henchy family were established in county Clare from the early 18th century and descend from Peter Henchy of Cappagh Castle. Weir writes that the Henchys intermarried with the O'Briens and that the Henchys lost their estates to John Lindsay, a "Protestant discoverer" of Lisburn, county Antrim in 1786. Peter Fitzgibbon Henchy moved to Moyarta. Griffith's Valuation records the representatives of Peter F. Hinchy holding some land in the parish of Kilballyowen, barony of Moyarta. Hugh Brady, who died in 1819, held a lease on Moynoe, Meenross and Carrowmore in the Scarriff locality of east county Clare. In 1820 his widow Elizabeth, formerly a Fitzgibbon of Ballyseeda, Limerick mortgaged these lands to Peter Fitzgibbon Henchy, barrister at law, of Dublin. Peter Henchy was a son of Donough Henchy of Feenagh, Sixmilebridge, county Clare and his wife, Dorothy Fitzgibbon of Newcastle, county Limerick. The Henchys had a son, Fitzgibbon Henchy, who was living at Moynoe in 1837 as well as five daughters. In 1832 Caroline Henchy married Edward Basil Brooke of Colebrook, county Fermanagh. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Moynoe and the other lands were held by the trustees of their marriage settlement, Sir Arthur B. Brooke, 2nd Baronet and Georgina Henchy, Caroline's sister, who had married Lodge Raymond de Montmorency, 2nd Viscount Frankfort de Montmorency in 1833. Lady Frankfort owned 1,653 acres in county Clare in the 1870s and Mrs Caroline Brooke owned 627 acres. Lady Frankfort's estate in the baronies of Tulla Upper and Moyarta was advertised for sale in June 1881. The rental shows that Moynoe was held under lease from the Bishop of Killaloe and refers to the Reade lease. see http://www.scariff.com/snapr03.html
Brady (Limerick & Myshall)
- Hugh Brady of Kilcooney, Clonrush, county Galway and of Limerick was the eldest son of Henry Brady and Mary Molony and a brother of William Brady of Williamstadt. He married Elizabeth Beauchamp. Gerard Madden writes that their son Henry Brady of Limerick was an extensive brewer and miller. In 1810 Henry Brady's daughter Jane married John Falkner Cornwall of Myshall Lodge, county Carlow. She died the following year without having any children and Madden writes that her brother John Beauchamp Brady inherited Myshall Lodge. In 1842 John Beauchamp Brady purchased part of the Clive estate in county Clare. At the time of Griffith's Valuation he is recorded as holding land in the parishes of Feakle, Tulla Upper and Kilchreest and Killadysert, Clonderalaw. His eldest son John Cornwall Brady owned 1,598 acres in county Clare, 1,198 acres in county Carlow and 207 acres in Queen's county [county Laois] in the 1870s.