- In 1677 Thomas Nugent was granted an estate of 3,250 acres in the baronies of Leitrim and Longford, county Galway, including Pallace. In 1824 Lord Riverston and Arthur Nugent of Flower Hill are described as resident proprietors in county Galway. Property at Pallas and Spring Garden were occupied by Anthony F. Nugent at the time of Griffith's Valuation. This branch of the Nugent family was related to the Earls of Westmeath and that title passed to them in the 1870s. As Earl of Westmeath, Anthony F. Nugent owned over 14,000 acres in county Galway in the 1870s as well as property in county Roscommon in the parish of Ogulla, barony of Roscommon. Michael Nugent, with an address in Brussels, owned over 900 acres at the same time. Following the 1903 Land Act the Nugent estate in the baronies of Leitrim and Longford was sold to the tenants. In 1906 the Hon. Richard A. Nugent held over 200 acres of untenanted demesne land at Rockfield, Greethill, Athenry as well as the mansion house there valued at £27. The Earl of Westmeath owned about 1200 acres of untenanted land at Pallas in 1906. 1,133 acres of the county Roscommon estate of Lord Westmeath was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 14 Oct 1908. In 1912 the Earl of Westmeath accepted an offer on over 6000 acres of his Galway estate from the Congested Districts Board.
- A branch of the Aylward family of Faithlegg, county Waterford was transported to Connacht in the mid 17th century. Peter Aylward was confirmed in his possession of an estate of over 2,400 acres in the parish of Ballynakill, barony of Leitrim, county Galway by patent dated 1677. At the same time Nicholas Aylward was granted over 900 acres at Ardreny in the barony of Clonmacnowen. Peter Aylward married Elizabeth French of Tyrone, county Galway and their son, John Aylward, conformed to Protestantism in 1725. The male line of the Ballynagar family ended with the death of John Michael Aylward in 1867 and the estate passed to his nephew John Michael Aylward Lewis. The estate of James Kearney Aylward at Ardreany in the barony of Clonmacnowen, was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in November 1854. The Freeman's Journal reported that it was purchased by Baron Greene for over £10,000. The estate was sold to the tenants following the Wyndham Land Act in the early twentieth century.
Other branches of the family remained in county Waterford and were active in the commercial and political life of the city and county into the nineteenth century.
- In April 1678 Richard Nugent Earl of Westmeath was granted an estate of over 11,000 acres in the baronies of Longford and Ballynahinch, county Galway and Ballintober, county Roscommon. In 1680 he sold his lands in the barony of Ballynahinch to Henry Blake. George Thomas John Nugent, 8th Earl was created Marquess of Westmeath in 1822. When he died in 1871, without male heirs, the earldom passed to his cousin Lord Riverston of Pallas.
- Ignatius Kelly, son of Edmund Kelly of Castleruby, was residing at Carrigens at the time of the Census of Elphin in 1749. The Kellys of Cargins owned an estate in the parishes of Ogulla and Kilcooley, barony of Roscommon and Kiltullagh, barony of Castlereagh, county Roscommon in the 18th and 19th centuries. The male line died out following the death of Daniel Kelly circa 1852. His sister Jane was married to William Kelly of Turrock and his daughter Jane was married to John Talbot D'Arcy. His grandmother was also a Kelly of Turrrock. In May 1852 the estate of Daniel Kelly amounting to over 3,700 acres was advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates' Court. Cargins was bought by Captain Drought and other purchasers included Anthony F. Nugent, Edward Senior and the Reverend Peter Toler. One lot was readvertised in 1853 Almost 200 acres owned by Francis Kelly in the parish of Kiltullagh, barony of Castlrea, was sold in the Landed Estates Court in January, 1866. Mr. McDonnell was the purchaser.