Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Built in the mid 17th century, the home of the Kirwans until the early 19th century. In 1786 Wilson mentions that it was the last castle to be built in county Galway and that it had lately been remodelled by Mr. Kirwan. Later occupied by a branch of the Blake family. It was held in fee by Francis Blake at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £40. Slater notes it as the residence of Mrs. Blake in 1894. Sold by the Blakes in 1947 to the Johnstons, who made alterations and restored it. Bought by the Murrays in the early 1970s, who ran it as a guest house. Sold again in 2006.
M357 376 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #69.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links