Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Dooras House was built by the French family in the 18th century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Count de Basterot was leasing this property from Henry Comerford. In 1906 Count de Basterot was the owner of a mansion house valued at £10 here. O'Connell records that the house was demolished about 1917-18.
|Doorus Demesne||Kinvarradoorus||Gort||Doorus 103||Kiltartan||Galway||
M352120 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #112.
Originally a tower house owned by the Kilkelly family, Cloghballymore House, was extended a number of times by the various families who held the estate over three centuries.. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage indicates that the main house at the site was constructed by Marcus Lynch in the eighteenth century. In 1906 it was owned by Llewellyn Blake and was valued at £18. It was later given by him to a missionary order and maintained for some time as a seminary. The building is still extant and now Blake Manor Nursing home.
M398140 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #103.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links