Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Originally a Lynch home which was sold to the Kilkellys in the early 19th century. Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Lynch in 1786. It was held in fee by James Kilkelly at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at almost £16. In the late 20th century Drimcong House functioned as a gourmet restaurant, it is now a private residence.
M205 339 Discovery map #45. OS Sheet #68.
Originally a tower house owned by the Kilkelly family, Cloghballymore House, was extended a number of times by the various families who held the estate over three centuries.. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage indicates that the main house at the site was constructed by Marcus Lynch in the eighteenth century. In 1906 it was owned by Llewellyn Blake and was valued at £18. It was later given by him to a missionary order and maintained for some time as a seminary. The building is still extant and now Blake Manor Nursing home.
M398140 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #103.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links