Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Occupied by the O'Kellys in the 18th and early 19th centuries. By the time of Griffith's Valuation it was part of the Clonbrock estate and was valued at £16. A building on a slightly different site, is noted as Tycooly House on the 25-inch Ordnance map of the 1890s. There is still an extant property at this site.
|Ticooly (O'Kelly)||Killosolan||Mountbellew||Killian 150||Tiaquin||Galway||
M736462 Discovery map #47. OS Sheet #46.
Built in 1844 with money inherited by Cornelius O'Kelly from his uncle Count John Dillon O'Kelly. By the early 20th century this house was part of the estate of W.A. Ryan. Subsequently it was sold to the Congested Districts Board and then to Tobias Joyce of Leenane, county Galway. It was accidentally burnt in 1932.
|Newtown (Darcy)||Dunmore||Tuam||Carrowreagh 217||Dunmore||Galway||
M473 557 Discovery map #39. OS Sheet #30.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links