Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Built circa 1818 by John D'Arcy and home to his family until 1850 when it was sold to Thomas Eyre. Left by him to his nephew John Joseph Eyre and sold by his representatives to a local butcher in 1917. It is now a ruin. A lithograph of the house is part of the sales rental 1850.
|Clifden Demesne||Omey||Clifden||Clifden 22||Ballynahinch||Galway||
L635 509 Discovery map #37. OS Sheet #35.
In 1786 Wilson mentions "Kiltolla" as the seat of Patrick D'Arcy. Lewis records Kiltullagh House as the seat of J. D'Arcy in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Pierce Joyce held a herd's house here valued at almost £4. It is described as "in ruins" on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s and these ruins are still extant.
M569254 Discovery map #46. OS Sheet #97.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links