Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith's Valuation the property at Doobeg consisted of a herd's house, valued at over £1, together with over 300 acres, and was in the ownership of Robert McAlpine. In the later nineteenth century it was lived in by the Phibbs family. Doobeg house is still extant and occupied as a family home.
G591093 Discovery map #32. OS Sheet #38.
Lewis records Tillyra as the seat of J. Martyn. Tullira was originally a tower house which was modified at various times. The OS Name Books record it as a tower house with a modern house attached. The gardens included a hot house. In 1906 it was the property of Edward Martyn when the buildings were valued at £100. It is still extant and was the home of Lord and Lady Hemphill in the 20th century. It has had a number of owners since then and in 2013 was offered for sale.
M473096 Discovery map #52. OS Sheet #114.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links