Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Mount Irvine or Mount Irwin
At the time of Griffith's Valuation Edward B. Thornhill held over 300 acres including the townland of Mount Irvine and a property described as offices, valued at £3. Lewis had recorded Mount Irvine as the seat of William T. Sherlock in 1837. This house is more usually known as Mount Irwin and was a seat of the Irwin family in the eighteenth century. It passed by marriage to the Thompsons and then to William Theophilus Sherlock. It was later sold in the Encumbered Estates Court and the Thornhills continued to own it until 1907 when it was sold to the Land Commission. Nothing remains of the original house.
|Mount Irvine||Kilfree||Boyle||Cuilmore 9||Coolavin||Sligo||
G628076 Discovery map #32. OS Sheet #39.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links