Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
An early 18th century house, it was noted by Wilson as the seat of Mr. Moore in 1786. It was occupied by Michael Costello in 1814 and described as in a dilapidated state at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. The Irish Tourist Association file refers to a two-storey plain featured house with the ruins of a small private chapel closeby, which apparently fell into decay in the early 19th century. Some ruins remain at the site.
M274 964 Discovery map #31. OS Sheet #71.
Built in 1795 and burnt down in 1923. The residence of George Henry Moore, MP, at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £45. Slater refers to it as the seat of George A. Moore in 1894. The ruin is now owned by Coillte Teoranta.
M192 745 Discovery map #38. OS Sheet #100.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links