Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A house built after the publication of the first Ordnance Survey Map. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Rev. John Carson was occupying the property which was valued at £25. In 1906 William H. White was the owner of this house, valued at £28. The site of the original house is now occupied by farm buildings.
|Drumharkan Glebe||Cloone||Mohill||Cloone 62||Mohill||Leitrim||
N135986 Discovery map #34. OS Sheet #33.
At the time of the first Ordnance Survey the property at Headford was described as belonging to "S. White, non resident, property going into decay". In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries it was a seat of the Jones family. Wilson, perhaps incorrectly, refers to it as the seat of Mr. Johnston, in 1786. The house was immortalised by Anthony Trollope in his novel ''The McDermotts of Ballycloran''. The ITA survey of the 1940s recorded it as in ruins and it remains as an ivy-covered ruin today. It was pointed out for this survey as "the ruins of that auld Ballycloran Castle"!
N013985 Discovery map #33. OS Sheet #32.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links