Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Moneygold was leased by the Fawcett family from Viscount Palmerston's estate and was valued at £13. Lewis records it as the residence of the Soden family in 1837. McTernan notes that it was the seat of the family from the early eighteenth century when James Soden leased almost 1000 acres from the Temple estate. In 1906 it was the property of Major G.M. Eccles whose mother was Isabella Soden. The house was damaged in a storm in the early 1960s and subsequently demolished.
|Moneygold||Ahamlish||Sligo||Cliffony South 41||Carbury||Sligo||
G669513 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #5.
Viscount Palmerston was leasing a property valued at £3 15s to Edward Parke in this townland at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It is estimated that the house now at Mount Temple was built c.1860. McTernan notes that the property was originally part of the Soden estate but was leased to the Parkes in the 1830s. They were to continue in occupation until the 1940s after which Mount Temple was acquired by the Land Commission. The house is still extant but derelict.
|Mount Temple||Ahamlish||Sligo||Cliffoney South||Carbury||Sligo||
G676518 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #5.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links