Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Kilronan Castle/Castle Tennison
The house presently occupying this site was constructed in the later 19th replacing an earlier house which had been built c.1820. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the house had been valued at £70 and was occupied by Edward King Tenison. In 1814 it was the seat of Thomas Tennison and is recorded by Lewis as the seat of Col. Tenison. In 1894 Slater referred to it as a residence of the Earl of Kingston. The building is still extant and in 2006-7 was converted into a luxury hotel. For more information on Kilronan Castle see www.kilronancastle.ie.
|Castletenison Demesne||Kilronan||Boyle||Keadew 43||Boyle||Roscommon||
G871121 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation Knockranny House was leased by Joseph Bennett Little from the Tenison estate and was valued at £25. Lewis recorded the house as the seat of the Dodwell family. Knockranny is still extant but derelict.
G893114 Discovery map #26. OS Sheet #3, 4.