Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Ruane writes that it was built as a yachting lodge in the 1790s for the Palmer family. It was the residence of the Stuart family during the bathing season in the 1830s. Bought by the Stoney family in 1965. A house is still extant at the site.
|Ardagh||Burrishoole||Newport||Newport East 147||Burrishoole||Mayo||
L942 944 Discovery map #31. OS Sheet #67.
A two-storey house occupied by James Stuart in 1837 and owned by Nathaniel P.Simes at the time of Griffith's Valuation but unoccupied. Substantial buildings are shown at the site on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map but these have all but disappeared by the publication of the 25-inch edition of the 1890s. Some of the old outbuildings have been converted into a house.
L977 938 Discovery map #31. OS Sheet #67.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links