Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Corville was the residence of the Hon Francis A. Prittie in the first half of the 19th century. He was a brother of the 2nd Lord Dunalley. He represented county Tipperary in Parliament and died in 1853. Lewis describes the house as "a handsome structure in the Grecian style". In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to the townland of Corville as "large and beautiful, the principal parts nicely laid out with plantings". At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was valued at £58 and held from the Messrs Birch. The sale rental of 1858 includes a lithograph of the house. The house belonged to O'Byrne family in the later part of the 19th century and is recorded as the seat of Count John O'Byrne in 1894. Now functions as a nursing home.
S154 884 Discovery map #60. OS Sheet #12.