Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lewis records Clifton as the seat of Captain Sheppard. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as "a modern building, the residence of Capt. Sheppard" in 1841. Arthur Sheppard [?] was the occupier at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property from Thomas Pyke and the buildings were valued at £14.10 shillings. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage records the present house as dating from 1868.
|Kilcunnahin Beg||Ballingarry||Borrisokane||Ballingarry 12||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
S010 945 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #11.
A house occupied by J. Antisell in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name Books describe it as "a good dwelling house, the residence of Joseph Antisell" in 1840. It was valued at £10 when held by Thomas Pyke in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation. There is still an extant house at the site.
|Arbourhill||Dorrha||Birr No 2||Riverstown 6||Lower Ormond||Tipperary||
N022 061 Discovery map #53. OS Sheet #5.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links