Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The home of the Crosbie Moore family in the 18th and early 19th century, Wilson refers to Moore's-fort as "the handsome seat of Edward Moore" in 1786. Lewis records Maurice Crosbie Moore as resident in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Edward C. Moore was still in possession of Mooresfort. However it was advertised for sale in 1852 and sold to Charles Moore of county Antrim, who altered and remodelled the house, reducing it from a 3 storey to a 2 storey house. The house remained in the possession of this family into the 20th century. It is now the main residence on a working farm.
R803 334 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #66.
This early 19th century building was the residence of James A. Butler in the 1830s. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books note that it was the residence of the parish priest of Templeneiry. The Reverend William Kane was resident in the early 1850s when the buildings were valued at £9.15 shillings and held from James A. Butler. Aherlow Castle was later the property of the Moores of Mooresfort. Count Charles Moore was the occupier in 1906 when the buildings were valued at £20. It is now a ruin.
R933 323 Discovery map #66. OS Sheet #67.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links