Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Named after Richard Beare who held this land in the early 18th century, the house was built in 1807-1808 by Robert Delacour, a partner in the Delacour bank of Mallow. Townsend writes that it was designed by Richard Morrison. Delacour was living in the house in 1814 but had vacated it by 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by John Hugh Bainbridge who held it from James Murphy. The buildings were valued at £70. Bence Jones records the Purdon Coote family as later owners. The house was burnt in June 1921 during the War of Independence when it was the residence of Maj. Charles Purdon Coote but was rebuilt.
|Bearforest Lower||Mallow||Mallow||Mallow North Urban 251||Fermoy||Cork||
W565 975 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #33.
This building is named Fitz Urse Lodge on the first edition Ordnance Survey map. It was valued at £6 occupied and held in fee by Richard Beere in the mid 19th century. Hajba writes that William Fitzgibbon, a Cork draper, bought the house in 1851 and that it was the home of the O'Connors in the 20th century. The house was known as Copsetown Abbey by the end of the 19th century.
|Copsetown||Buttevant||Mallow||Killmaclenine 235||Orrery and Kilmore||Cork||
R525 031 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #24.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links