Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Held in fee by William Moore at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £55. Lewis also refers to it as his seat in 1837. Wilson, writing in 1786, notes it a the seat of Rev. Mr. Moore. In 1894 and 1906 it was the property of Captain William Perceval Maxwell and valued at over £70. In 1943 the ITA survey noted it as the residence of Captain Maxwell and mentioned that it was an eighteenth century house. It is still extant and occupied.
|Moorehill||Kilwatermoy||Lismore||Kilwatermoy East 67||Coshmore & Coshbride||Waterford||
X040924 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #29.
Held in fee by the Moore estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £37. It is described as a farm-house. Lewis refers to it as the seat of S. Moore in 1837. Wilson, writing in 1786, notes Sapperton as the seat of Major Moore. It was inherited by Willam Percival Maxwell. In 1906 he was the owner and the house was valued at £37. Sapperton, as well as its extensive farmyard, is still extant and occupied.
|Sapperton North||Kilwatermoy||Lismore||Kilwatermoy East 67||Coshmore & Coshbride||Waterford||
X047931 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #28.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links