Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Built as a shooting lodge for the Holmes family, occupied by Richard Sherlock in 1814 and by Captain William Harrington Sherlock at the time of Griffith's Valuation and bought by him in the Encumbered Estates' Court. His daughter married George Washington Brasier Creagh and the house remained in her possession until the 1920s. It is now a Crofts residence.
R555 139 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #8.
Located on the bank of the Araglin River and built for Robert Viscount Kingsborough, later 4th Earl of Kingston, this was probably the summer residence recently erected by the Honourable Robert King in the parish of Templemologga, referred to by Lewis in 1837. It was offered for sale in July 1851 with 3,951 acres held by the Earl in the barony of Condons and Clangibbon. Sold to the Morlands who leased it as a fishing lodge, this house is now a family home. In the 1870s John Sherlock of Aroglin Cottage, Kilworth, was recorded as the owner of 183 acres in county Cork.
|Billeragh East||Macroney||Fermoy||Gortnaskeky 145||Condons & Clangibbon||Cork||
R904 053 Discovery map #74. OS Sheet #28.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links