Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Built in the first decade of the 19th century by the Board of Ordnance. The house was occupied by Charles Wilkes, the superintendant of the gunpowder mills until purchased by the Tobins of Liverpool in the mid 1830s. Mrs Tobin was a painter and their residence became known as Oriel House under Tobin ownership. The house has been a hotel since 1983.
|Ballincollig||Carrigrohanebeg||Cork||Ballincollig 65||East Muskerry||Cork||
W584 707 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #73.
In 1786, Wilson mentions a seat of Mr.Lloyd at Ballincollig, "near the ruins of the castle". By the time of Griffith's Valuation, this area appears to have been in the possession of Thomas Tobin and the house may have been that leased by Rev. David Horgan, when the buildings were valued at £14. A substantial farm still exists at this site.
W585701 Discovery map #87. OS Sheet #73.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links