Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Lewis gives J. O'Leary as the proprietor of Currymount in 1837. By the time of Griffith's Valuation Currymount was held by Alexander McCarthy in fee and was valued at £7.10 shillings. Hajba writes that Alexander McCarthy left Currymount to his brother-in-law, James Morrogh, third son of James Morrogh of the city of Cork. The house was considerably extended post Griffith's Valuation. James McCarthy of Currymount owned 259 acres in the 1870s. In the late 19th century Eustace Morrogh Bernard lived at Curraghmore. Bought by the Purcells of Burton Park in the second decade of the 20th century as a dower house and passed by marriage to the Bird family. The Irish Tourist Association Survey refers to it as the seat of Major Bird in the 1940s and also that the Morrogh-Bernard family resided here before going to live at Byblox.
|Currymount||Bregoge||Mallow||Churchtown 238||Orrery and Kilmore||Cork||
R499 100 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #16.
A late 18th century house was built near the original building. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. O'Leary. This house became the home of the McCarthy-O'Learys for all the 19th century. In the mid 19th century it was valued at £38. John McCarthy O'Leary occupied the house in 1906. It was looted during the War of Independence and is now demolished.
|Coomlogane||Drishane||Millstreet||Drishane 287||West Muskerry||Cork||
W269 907 Discovery map #79. OS Sheet #39.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links