Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The original building was a residence of the O'Briens of Thomond. Wilson, writing in 1786 refers to Castle-Park as the seat of Mr. Smith. In 1789 it became Ormsby property and was named Blackland Castle. The home of William Maunsell in 1814. In 1833 it became the property of Christopher Delmege who rebuilt most of it. The Ordnance Survey Field Name Book describes it as "a splendid edifice 4 story high overlooking the Shannon and estimated at £2,000." The house was valued at £55 in the early 1850s and Christopher Delmege held it from the Marquess of Lansdowne. It was the seat of James O'Grady Delmege in 1894. Occupied by James Lyons, Limerick city coroner in the late 20th century, the house was gutted by fire in 2001 and for sale in 2007 for 40 million euro (Irish Independent 20 Dec 2007). Caste Park remains derelict.
|Ballygrennan||St Munchins||Limerick||Limerick North Rural 58||North Liberties of Limerick||Limerick||
R560 596 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #5.
A home of the Oliver family, occupied by Charles Deane Oliver in 1814 and by William Oliver in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The buildings were valued at £23+ and William held them from the Trench/Gascoigne estate, with a corn mill.
R687 229 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #56.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links