Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Hajba records the building of this house by Charles Haines in 1805. Occupied by Joseph Barry in 1814 and by the Reverend M. Becher in 1837. In the 1850s it was the residence of the Reverend Henry Swanzy who held it from Thomas Haynes. The buildings were valued at £24. Later the home of Lieutenant Colonel Robert D. Perry. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted it as the residence of Mr. Mandeville. In the late 20th century it was owed by the O'Meara family.
W536 974 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #33.
This house was another Newman residence located in the parish of Kilshannig. In 1786 Wilson refers to Newberry as the residence of Colonel Newman, possibly the same man who was murdered in the house by his groom and an accomplice in 1816. John Newman held the property from Adam Newman at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The buildings were valued at £18.10 shillings. Post Griffith's Valuation the house became the home of the Swanzy family and it was they who built the present house incorporating the original one. The house was sold to the Footts in the 20th century. Also known as Kilshannig House.
W515 968 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #32.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links