Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Hogan writes that this house was built in 1805 by Thady, son of Thady O'Halloran the diarist, in front of the old Hickey house. Marked on the first Ordnance Survey map this house was occupied by Stephen O'Halloran who held the property from Colonel George Wyndham. It was valued at £15 and had 159 acre demesne. The house is still extant.
|Ballycunneen||Drumline||Ennis||Drumline 40||Bunratty Lower||Clare||
R432 637 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #51.
Hogan writes that the building of Firgrove was begun by Thomas, son of Thady O'Halloran, the diarist, and completed by John MacMahon of Knockane. John Peter Kelly took over the house from MacMahon. In 1851 Eliza, daughter of John Scott of Firgrove, married George Fosbery of Clorane, county Limerick. The house was occupied by Charles Butler in the mid 19th century who held the property from John Kelly. It was valued at £35. The house was demolished in the 1920s.
|Firgrove||Drumline||Ennis||Drumline 40||Bunratty Lower||Clare||
R426 635 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #51.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links