Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Hajba writes that this house was occupied by members of the Bolster family who held it from the Newmans in the late 18th century. It then became a Lombard property and passed from them to a relative, James Hunt. In the early 1850s it was occupied by James Laurence Cotter, held from James Hunt and valued at £14. This house is still occupied. Another house close by named Aldworth Lodge was also a Bolster home valued at £4+ at the time of Griffith's Valuation. A house is also extant at the latter site.
W502 937 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #41.
According to Hajba built by James Butler Stopford in the very early 19th century, replacing an earlier cottage. Stopford sold his interest to his brother-in-law, Captain Edmund Lombard a few years later. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by the Captain's nephew, James Hunt, who held the property valued at £27.15 shillings from Christopher Crofts. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association survey noted that it was the residence of Stopford Hunt. The house was destroyed by fire in the 1950s.
|Kilpadder North||Kilshannig||Mallow||Kilshannig 248||Duhallow||Cork||
W518 943 Discovery map #80. OS Sheet #41.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links