Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The home of the Freeman family purchased from the Chinnerys in the early 18th century. Smith records it as the seat of William Freeman in 1750 and Wilson describes it as "the fine seat of Mr.Freeman" in 1786. Later the home of the Deane Freeman family who enlarged the building at the beginning of the 19th century. Advertised for sale in 1852, Bence Jones writes that it was bought by Richard Barry. It remained in the Barrys' possession until the 1950s. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association survey noted that "the house and offices are now rather neglected". Sold by Mr Hope Murray in the 1960s and subsequently demolished.
|Castlecor Demesne||Kilbrin||Kanturk||Castlecor 160||Duhallow||Cork||
R445 067 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #24.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links