Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
This house was the home of the Plummer family in the 19th century, occupied by B. Plummer in 1814, by Brudenell Plummer in 1837 and by the Reverend Richard Plummer in the early 1850s. The Reverend R. Plummer held the property from the Dowager Lady O'Brien and the buildings were valued at £10.
R316 215 Discovery map #72. OS Sheet #53.
Originally a Goold home, occupied by B. Plummer in 1814 and Pierce Purcell Goold in 1837. His representatives held the property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation and the house was valued at £18. It was advertised for sale in May 1852. Home of Robert Edward Gibbings for sometime in the mid 19th century. An O'Callaghan home in the 20th century. Also known as Curraghglass or Curraglass House. In 1943 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted its association with all of these families as well as, in the eighteenth century, the Lysaght family. It is still extant and occupied.
|Curryglass||Shandrum||Kanturk||Dromina 172||Orrery and Kilmore||Cork||
R451 205 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #2.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links