Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Rossmore was the home of the Shelton family in the 18th and 19th centuries, occupied by J. Shelton in 1814 and 1837. The Reverend Grantley Shelton was resident in the early 1850s. The house was held from the Conyers family and was valued at £25. In 1894 Slater refers to it as the residence of Deane Shelton.
|Rossmore||Corcomohide||Croom||Castletown 11||Connello Upper||Limerick||
R433 294 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #46.
Bruree House was also located on the Langton estate although at the time of the first Ordnance Survey the property was in the hands of Robert Fetherston who held a number of townlands in the parish, possibly from the Langtons. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the house was in use as an auxiliary workhouse. In 1853 Bruree House was sold to a member of the Shelton family and in 1868 it was sold to John Gubbins of the Kilfrush family. He was a successful racehorse owner and in 1884 built the present Bruree House. When he died in 1906 the property passed to his nephew John Norris Browning. The house was valued at £92 at this time. Owned by the Sheehans and Vernons in the 20th century. Now function as as a rehabilitation centre, known as Cuan Mhuire. A print entitled "The Lawn Meet" by Patrick Hennessy depicts this house. See www.museum.limerick.ie
|Garroose||Bruree||Kilmallock||Bruree 25||Connello Upper||Limerick||
R550 296 Discovery map #73. OS Sheet #39.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links