Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The home of the Peacock family in the 19th century, although J. Waller O'Grady was resident in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by Mrs Peacocke who held it from Charles Leslie, valued at £30. Occupied by Edmund White in the 1870s Bence Jones records that it later became the home of the Reilly and Peart families. The original house is now a ruin.
R522 491 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #12.
In 1786 Wilson refers to Kilballyowen as the seat of Mr. O'Grady. This was the main seat of the O'Grady family, described by Lewis as a "handsome modern building" circa 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the buildings were valued at £41. By 1906 they were valued at £70 and the property was still in the possession of 'The O'Grady'. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor lists the types of artifacts, paintings etc to be found in this home of Madam O'Grady in 1942. The house was demolished post 1968.
R655 365 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #32.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links