Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
John Keily held Strancally Castle in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £61. Lewis refers to it as "a modern castle, seat of J. Keily" in 1837. There is a lithograph and extensive description of the castle and demesne in the sale notice of 1856. After this the castle came into the ownership of the Whitelock Lloyd family. In 1906 it owned by George W. Lloyd and valued at over £63. The 1943 ITA Survey provides a detailed description of the house from that time including the art collection and library. It is still extant and has been renovated in recent years. An extensive farmyard, valued at £37 in 1851, is located in Kilmanicholas townland at X078903. This property was valued at over £40 in 1906.
|Strancally Demesne||Kilcockan||Lismore||Kilcockan 66||Coshmore & Coshbride||Waterford||
X086905 Discovery map #81. OS Sheet #32.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links