Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Newtown Castle was originally the home of the O'Loghlens of the Burren and Lewis records C. O'Loghlen resident there in 1837. By the time of Griffith's Valuation it was part of the estate of Colonel Henry White, later 1st Baron Annaly. The present house was a rectory at the time of Griffith's Valuation inhabited by Reverend Hugh B. Howlett. The original castle is still extant and the Burren College of Art is now located at this site.
M217 064 Discovery map #51. OS Sheet #5.
Occupied by Michael O'Brien in 1814, J. O'Brien in 1837 and by Michael O'Brien at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The house and over 700 acres was held from Colonel Henry White.
M229 046 Discovery map #51. OS Sheet #5.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links