Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
The Hodges lived here for over a hundred years following a marriage in 1754 with a Monsell of Burrane though Wilson still refers to it as the seat of Mr. Monsell in 1786. It was held from the Reeves family of nearby Besborough who came to hold the head rent through an 18th century marriage with a Spaight of Burrane. Weir writes that the house was demolished in the early 20th century.
|Burrane Lower||Killimer||Kilrush||Killimer 101||Clonderalaw||Clare||
R081 527 Discovery map #64. OS Sheet #68.
Occupied by Reverend Theobald Butler in 1837 and still in his possession at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property from Letitia Hickman and it was valued at over £22. By the 1870s this house was the home of Robert William Cary Reeves and it was still in his possession in 1906. Later in the 20th century the house became the home of the Hassett and Sexton families.
R060 522 Discovery map #64. OS Sheet #68.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links