Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1837 the residence of H. Bayley. Occupied by Susannah Baylee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, who held it from Henry Thomas Baylee. The buildings were valued at £8. Weir writes that in the 20th century Miss Edie Baylee married the father of the architect Percy le Clerc. The house is still lived in.
|Knockatinty||Clonlea||Tulla||Kilkishen 138||Tulla Lower||Clare||
R512 728 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #43.
In 1786 Wilson refers to Lough-Gur as the seat of Henry Baylee. This house was ccupied by John "Boylie" in 1814 and by Miss Bailie in 1837. In the early 1850s William Evans was resident. He held the house valued at £11 from the Count De Salis. It was adjacent to the remains of a tower house known as Bouchier's Castle. The property at this site is labelled "Lough Gur Farm" on the 25-inch map of the 1890s. The book edited by Mary Carbery, "The Farm by Lough Gur", published in 1937, contains a description of the Baylee property at Loughgur. The original Bayley house is no longer extant.
R647 410 Discovery map #65. OS Sheet #32.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links