Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
16th century tower house, "in ruins" at the time of the first Ordnance Survey. The castle, herd's house and 96 acres were in the possession of the Reverend William Ashworth in the mid 19th century, who held them from a Caswell. A mansion house valued at £13 was in the possession of Count James Considine in 1906. The castle was bought by John Hunt in the mid 1960s and was the first home of the Hunt Museum.
|Craggaunowen||Quin||Tulla||Dangan 143||Bunratty Upper||Clare||
R465 736 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #43.
A house built in the 1780s, also known as Lough O'Connell. It was the home of Thomas Steele and in 1821 passed to his nephew "Honest Tom" Steele, friend of Daniel O'Connell. In the late 1840s Cullane was inherited by Tom Steele's niece who had married Charles Studdert of Newmarket House. Their son Robert Wogan Studdert held the house valued at £25 in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It remained in Studdert hands until 1954 and is now a ruin.
|Cullaun||Quin||Tulla||Dangan 143||Bunratty Upper||Clare||
R474 747 Discovery map #58. OS Sheet #35.