Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Rev. Arthur Rowan was leasing this property to Hastings Peate at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £20 15s. Lewis records it as the seat of Francis Peet in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name Books mention that it was the residence of Francis Peet, "of old appearance, built about a century ago". In 1814 Leet notes it as the seat of John Bolton. In 1786 Wilson refers to Arabella as a seat of Mr. Blennerhassett. Bary states that the house was built in the eighteenth century by the Blennerhassetts but that it was lived in by the Rowan family until the mid-nineteenth century. The Peate family occupied it from then until the 1970s. It is still extant.
Q910121 Discovery map #71. OS Sheet #39.
The Ordnance Survey Name Books record Currans House as in a "decayed condition" in 1840. It was allegedly built c.1700. Francis Peet had resided there until c.1829. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, it was in the possession of Charles Daly, unoccupied and valued at £3. It is labelled Currans House on both the 1st and 25-inch edition Ordnance Survey maps. A house is still extant at the site.
Q937061 Discovery map #71. OS Sheet #48.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links