Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
In 1786 Wilson writes that Mr. Irwin's property was situated "on the right of Strandhouse Inn" and nearby was Tanrago, the seat of Mr. Dodwell. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Capt.Richard Olpherts was occupying a house at Tanrego, barony of Tireragh. In 1894 Slater refers to Tanregoe as the seat of Richard Verschoyle. In 1906 Tanrego was the property of Richard J. Verschoyle and was valued at £25. It is still extant and occupied.
|Tanrego East or Carrowmore||Dromard||Dromore West||Dromard East 24||Tireragh||Sligo||
G601313 Discovery map #25. OS Sheet #19.
At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Francis Olpherts was leasing Mount Shannon, barony of Carbury from John Wynne. The house was then valued at £35. McTernan states that Olpherts had recently been appointed agent to the Wynne estate and later married Marianna Wynne of Ardaghowen. The house is still recorded by Slater as being in his possession in 1894. It has had a number of owners since the early twentieth century but is still extant and occupied.
|Shannon Eighter||Calry||Sligo||Drumcliff East 55||Carbury||Sligo||
G693381 Discovery map #16. OS Sheet #14.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links