Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
A home of the Ross Lewin family in the 18th and early 19th centuries. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of J. RossLewin. Occupied by Mr Evans in 1814 and by Daniel O'Grady in 1837 and held by Major William Ball in fee in the 1850s, when the buildings were valued at over £32. Bence Jones writes that Major Ball purchased Fortfergus in 1855 in the Encumbered Estates' Court. Weir writes that the house was burnt down in the 1920s. The remaining staff quarters have been turned into a residence and the farm buildings are still in use.
R298 646 Discovery map #57. OS Sheet #50.
Occupied by Westropp Ross in 1814 this house was in the possession of Major William Ball by the time of Griffith's Valuation, when the buildings were valued at £48. Later occupied by members of the Dawson family. The house no longer exists but a gate lodge is still extant.
R286 646 Discovery map #57. OS Sheet #50.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links