Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|House Name / Description||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
Described as 'an excellent two story slated house' in 1850. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was held in fee by William Bodkin and valued at £15. This house is no longer extant.
M668 715 Discovery map #39. OS Sheet #2.
The Encumbered Estates' Sale notice of May 1856 indicates that the mansion at Lowberry had "formerly" stood in the demesne and recommends it as a "most desirable site for building". It is shown on the First Edition Ordnance Survey map but no buildings are recorded in the townland at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It is labelled "Lowberry House (in ruins)" on the 25-inch map of the 1890s. A portion of these ruins still remain at the site.
M550710 Discovery map #39. OS Sheet #32.
Many of these resources are now available online. For a list with Web links please see the Online Printed Sources Links